If you’re in the market for a smoker but don’t have the space or budget for a large, traditional model, a small electric smoker might be the perfect solution.
These compact and convenient appliances offer many of the same benefits as their larger counterparts, including the ability to smoke a variety of meats, vegetables, and other foods to perfection.
In this blog, we will discuss the features and benefits of small electric smokers, as well as provide tips on how to choose the best one for your needs. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, a small electric smoker can be an invaluable tool in your cooking arsenal.
What are Small Electric Smokers?
Small electric smokers are exactly what they sound like – smaller versions of traditional electric smokers that are designed for more convenient, space-saving use. These appliances typically have a lower capacity than larger models, making them suitable for smoking smaller quantities of food. They are also more portable, allowing you to take them with you on the go or store them easily when not in use.
Like traditional electric smokers, small electric smokers use electricity as a heat source to slowly cook and smoke food. They typically come with a built-in heating element and a separate compartment for wood chips, which are used to add flavor to the smoke. Many small electric smokers also come equipped with a temperature control panel, allowing you to set the desired cooking temperature and monitor the progress of your food.
Small electric smokers are known for their sleek and elegant design. They are typically made of aluminum and stainless steel, making them lightweight and durable. The smoking chamber is located at the base of the smoker and is equipped with an electric hotplate to generate heat.
Wood chips are placed on top of the hotplate to provide continuous smoke, and there are several cooking racks where you can place your food. While some small electric smokers do have see-through windows, this is not a common feature on most models.
Portable electric smokers are designed for easy transportation, featuring heat-resistant handles on either side and, in some cases, foldable legs and wheels. This makes it easy to move the smoker from one location to another. Most small electric smokers also come equipped with a built-in temperature gauge, allowing you to monitor the internal temperature of the smoker while you cook.
These features, combined with their compact size, make small electric smokers a convenient choice for those who want to smoke food on the go or in small spaces, whether that is smoked salmon, turkey, or brisket.
Overall, small electric smokers offer many of the same features and benefits as larger models, making them a great choice for those who don’t have the space or need for a larger smoker. They are especially popular among beginner smokers or those who only need to smoke small quantities of food at a time.
Small Electric Smokers – Key Features
These are some of the prominent features of small electric smokers….
- Compact size and portability
- Low capacity, suitable for smoking smaller quantities of food
- Easy to use, store and maintain
- Precise temperature control
- Heating element and wood chip tray for generating smoke
- Up to 600 sq. inches capacity
What’s Good about Small Electric Smokers?
- Usually Highly Affordable. Grab between 75$ – 300$.
- Easy Assembly
- Convenient for Family.
- Best for Outdoor Adventure.
- Foldable Legs for Easy Transport and Storage.
- Usually Light Weight.
Some Shortcomings of Small Electric Smokers
- Low capacity
- Limited heat insulation in some cases.
- No digital controls.
- Limited temperature settings.
Best Small Electric Smoker Brands
Should You Buy One?
If you’re considering purchasing a small electric smoker, there are a few key factors to consider before making your decision. Here are some points to consider when determining whether a small electric smoker is the right choice for you:
- Capacity: Small electric smokers have a lower capacity than larger models, so they are best suited for smoking smaller quantities of food. If you regularly smoke large cuts of meat or a large number of items at once, a small electric smoker may not be the most efficient choice.
- Space: If you have limited space in your home or yard, a small electric smoker can be a more practical choice than a larger model. They are typically more compact and can be stored easily when not in use.
- Budget: Small electric smokers are generally less expensive than larger models, making them a more budget-friendly option. However, it’s important to keep in mind that you may need to invest in additional smokers or upgrade to a larger model if your smoking needs increase over time.
- Ease of use: Small electric smokers are generally easier to use than traditional charcoal smokers, as they require minimal setup and maintenance. They also offer precise temperature control, allowing you to achieve consistent results every time.
Overall, small electric smokers are a great choice for those who want to smoke small quantities of food in a convenient and easy-to-use appliance. If you’re a beginner or only need to smoke food occasionally, a small electric smoker can be an excellent investment. However, if you have larger smoking needs or want a more traditional smoking experience, a larger model may be a better fit.